Order in: new owner coming from a Tiguan

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

Hi all,

I’ve just placed a deposit down on our new family wagon: Onxy black Inscription Pro B4 (AWD). It’s a little under a year old so comes from a time where all the goodies were still available: panoramic, Intellisafe, BLIS, park assist, 360 camera, Harmon, etc.

The other big benefit of MY21 is that Volvo’s newly-released running boards are compatible. Dealership is waiting on their arrival and install before delivery; looking forward to it joining us in a couple of weeks time.

We come from a 2017 (MY18) RLine Tiguan - which was also an all-options-selected affair. I’ve seen some familiar names from the Tiguan forums on here so I guess it must be a fairly common switch!

Would be interested to hear how other Tig owners have been getting on and if anybody has any tips or essential reading they feel I should be getting my nose into before the cars arrival, that would be great!

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Hiya

Welcome to the forum

If you pop Tiguan in to the search box on the top left corner it will bring up posts that might interest you
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

I changed from an AWD Tiguan 180 D to an XC40 AWD 180 D two and half tears ago. Very happy with the change as i love the looks and comfort of the XC40. initially mpg was worse but now I am approaching 30k miles it has improved from mid 30s at first to touching 50 mpg which beats the Tiguan hands down. So don't be worried about reports of poor mpg - its true for the first 10k miles but then just gets better and better - at least in my experience.
Anything I miss. Well yes the larger boot on Tiguan and surprisngly the XC40 is a fair bit wider and hard to get in my garage but minor issues compared to comfort, driving and looks.
stu22

Post by stu22 »

We came from a 2017 Tig.

Only downsides we find is rear seat space is less and roof space - we used to carry 4 pushbikes on the Tig roof, XC40 can only fit 3.
Wife always described the Tig as a little 'agricultural' and didn't like the seats however I do often find myself coveting another R-line.
leehal

Post by leehal »

Johnkavanagh wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:52 am Hi all,

I’ve just placed a deposit down on our new family wagon: Onxy black Inscription Pro B4 (AWD). It’s a little under a year old so comes from a time where all the goodies were still available: panoramic, Intellisafe, BLIS, park assist, 360 camera, Harmon, etc.

The other big benefit of MY21 is that Volvo’s newly-released running boards are compatible. Dealership is waiting on their arrival and install before delivery; looking forward to it joining us in a couple of weeks time.

We come from a 2017 (MY18) RLine Tiguan - which was also an all-options-selected affair. I’ve seen some familiar names from the Tiguan forums on here so I guess it must be a fairly common switch!

Would be interested to hear how other Tig owners have been getting on and if anybody has any tips or essential reading they feel I should be getting my nose into before the cars arrival, that would be great!
I'd be interested to read your thoughts when you have the car. I have an R-Line Tiguan at the moment, due to replace it February 2022, looking around already due to long lead ins.
Johnkavanagh

Post by Johnkavanagh »

leehal wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:47 am
I'd be interested to read your thoughts when you have the car. I have an R-Line Tiguan at the moment, due to replace it February 2022, looking around already due to long lead ins.
No problem. It arrives with us this coming Saturday so give me a couple of weeks and remind me!

What is your Tig? Ours was a 2018MY, 2.0 (petrol, 180bhp, DSG), 4motion, RLine. This is the year where the infotainment system changed from the older system with physical buttons down each side to touch ones. It’s also before they split ‘RLine’ and ‘RLine Tech’ - ours had everything the later ‘Tech’ had as standard (except only a reversing camera rather than a 360 one), as well as a bunch of other options: leather, Dynaudio, running boards, blind spot, heated seats, Matrix headlights, park and drive assist, electric tailgate, etc…

Fair to say it’s been a struggle to find an XC40 even that has all the same kit, especially after Volvo started dropping bits of tech due to the semiconductor shortage. As an example, you can’t get park assist on any XC40 from new now..
leehal

Post by leehal »

Johnkavanagh wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:05 pm
leehal wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:47 am
No problem. It arrives with us this coming Saturday so give me a couple of weeks and remind me!

What is your Tig? Ours was a 2018MY, 2.0 (petrol, 180bhp, DSG), 4motion, RLine. This is the year where the infotainment system changed from the older system with physical buttons down each side to touch ones. It’s also before they split ‘RLine’ and ‘RLine Tech’ - ours had everything the later ‘Tech’ had as standard (except only a reversing camera rather than a 360 one), as well as a bunch of other options: leather, Dynaudio, running boards, blind spot, heated seats, Matrix headlights, park and drive assist, electric tailgate, etc…

Fair to say it’s been a struggle to find an XC40 even that has all the same kit, especially after Volvo started dropping bits of tech due to the semiconductor shortage. As an example, you can’t get park assist on any XC40 from new now..
Mine is an MY20 2.0TDi, 150bhp, 4motion DSG R-Line Tech, the only option I have is DCC which I love (dodgy back).

I haven't gone as far as looking at specs and things yet, the lure of my VW garage being a 2 minute walk from my house is still a bonus if there are any issues. Ultimately I will have a list of must haves and it will have to tie back financially. A couple of major factors are ride comfort and also whatever effect covid has on my mileage, I currently have a 15,000pa lease and I've only clock up 5,000 after 20 months. Do I really need an expensive car!?