AAOS 3.1.9

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
percymon

Post by percymon »

GRAF wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:05 pm Had my car serviced today. No update carried out by the dealer still on 3.0.3.
You would think that checking the software version and updating to the latest would be part of the service. Heck it could be updating while they walk around the car checking things most owners do every week.
2023 C40 Plus - Silver Dawn, 20" alloys

JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

OTA updates are designed for exactly that, not dealer installation. I doubt dealerships even have access to the rollout of latest OTA software.
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Yes, update 3.1.2 was dealer update only wasn't it? And I'm guessing may be the same or similar to OTA updates so that dealers can load the latest software as part of their new car preparation.

This might explain why those with 3.1.2 are being told that their software is up-to-date though the pulling of 3.0.3 complicates that.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
jy1

Post by jy1 »

Got the software update notification from the Volvo app this morning. Started the update at 8:30, got an app notification that the update was completed (2hours) now 5 hours since starting update, however the car is completely dead. App says software update is complete, have tried the "blade" key but that won't do anything. Awaiting help from dealer........
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

That's not good!

Mine updated ok today. Hope you get it sorted.
XC40 MY23 B4P Plus AWD 7 Speed Auto AAOS
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

poleposition wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:50 pm Mine updated ok today.
What version is your update?
jy1

Post by jy1 »

Volvo Assistance sent local recovery firm, they got the blade key to work, tried usual computer trick - turn off/turn on by finding the 12v battery and disconnecting but to no avail. Car is showing more signs of life, warning on dash regarding e sos call- car still wont respond to key. The recovery firm refused to use wheel dollies to extract the car from the drive so now waiting for a Volvo technician tomorrow afternoon. I had a very reliable car prior to the update............#####
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

eugen61 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:00 pm
poleposition wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:50 pm Mine updated ok today.
What version is your update?
XC40 MY23 B4P Plus AWD 7 Speed Auto AAOS
gedger

Post by gedger »

That's similar to what happened to mine for a previous update. To do a 12v reset I was told by the Volvo technician that the 12V battery must be disconnected for at least 15 minutes, that sorted mine out. Also make sure the 12V battery is well charged.

I would strongly advise everyone to only download and do an update when you have a free day in case it goes wrong. On the day mine failed the roadside assistance had been to 3 other Volvos all exhibiting the same problem.
2023 XC40 Plus B4 AWD 19" 360 BLIS Tow bar Fjord Blue
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

I was going to joke about me getting the software update today and "should I, shouldn't I" but having read these posts I'm leaving it for now!

Used the car a few times today and so I didn't have time and didn't want to risk any problems and that was before reading this thread! Might have scheduled a time, was giving me options of 1.30, 2.00 etc. but didn't know if this was the middle of the night as doesn't say am or pm and don't know if they use a 24 hour clock. Anyone know?

And just to be clear, if auto software update is on (which mine is) this just gives you the notification and choice to install it doesn't just auto install?

If off I take it you won't get the update message and you'd have to run a check yourself?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.