Software update 2.13.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Another whoop this morning!
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

riskymoth

Post by riskymoth »

My car seems to have made fewer and less prominent or sustained whoops since the update, but has certainly made a couple of odd noises when regeneratively braking.
percymon

Post by percymon »

No update yet for me, not sure i'm missing anything based on the comments here
gripross

Post by gripross »

Noticed when i came home from work yesterday in the dark the light in centre of speaker (Harmon Kardon) was flashing continuously.
Am guessing all XC40s have the light here irrespective of which stereo so any ideas why it flashes when driving as on my previous car it was just when parked so guessing to do with alarm etc maybe?
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery
Delivered 24th January 2024

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

That’s the alarm and lock indicator. Rapid flashes after disarming the alarm indicate that the alarm has been triggered, but it shouldn’t flash while driving. It might be a bug after a recent software update or failure of the alarm system. You should have it checked, I imagine how annoying it is when driving at night.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Yes it’s definitely annoying… I’ll see if it still flashes next time I drive it later today. Thanks for the reply
Ordered XC40 B4 FWD Ultimate in Vapour Grey 26/08/23 Factory Order Quoted 12 week Delivery

Gone XC40 B4P R Design Pro Pearl White factory order ( ordered 13/07/21) took delivery 18/10/21
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

There has been a couple of mentions on another thread of this problem. One guy had a coffee machine on the floor behind the driver and when he took it out the problem disappeared but I think that was just coincidence. Apart from this how are you finding the car so far?
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
gripross

Post by gripross »

Hiya Chris
loving the car so far...the extra tech compared to my previous "PRO" version is deffinately making me feel the upgrade has been worth doing.
Getting lots of people comment on how they like the grey/black trim combo. Gave it its first wash today and fitted my private reg so looking its best now. Planning on doing the ceramic coating in a few weeks which i do myself as has to be left in the garage for 8 hours after. I agree with a few on here about dash is a bit of a letdown as its maps on or off and thats about it. Also feel that car play should be wireless on a 45k car as some much less expensive cars have the wireless. Tried the adaptive cruise briefly which seems pretty good and am deffinately impressed with 360 cam and BLISS is something i guess that once you've had you wont do without....Oh and as i work shifts so sometimes an early start/finish the heated steering wheel again is a touch of indulgence tat is greatly received. All in all i know i had major issues with this order...but so glad i didn't walk away. Its a quality peace of kit..and in my eyes ..i know not everyones..but in mine .. I still think its the best looking in its class...and believe me.. i looked at most.
I've closed my complaint with Volvo after yesterday receiving a call from the "Execetive Office" A lengthy phone call but it included an appology amongst other things which is all i wanted. I did tell her if only they had been so quick to get in touch when i asked in the early days it would have been much better and advised that maybe they need to provide their customer service team with more up to date info and pass it on duly to customers.
But you know what? now i've got the car i'm so glad i didn't give in.

gripross

Post by gripross »

OH and errrrrr i can't find a coffee machine anywhere in the back seat foot well....ha ha

ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Good to hear that you really like it after the wait and are enjoying the extra tech. I get a slight pang when I see an R-Design but as you say the contrasting gloss black looks great and echoes a lot of the R-Design. I do like the gloss wheels as well which I didn't realise they'd changed from satin initially. Bit of a pity in some ways though as I've got a full set of spare wheels I bought when I had the first car.