High beam assist not available

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Jozsef_hu

Post by Jozsef_hu »

Message appeared 3 times in the recent 2 weeks or so, saying: high beam assist temporarily not available. The latest occasion was yesterday while driving on a motorway early afternoon in full sunny weather. Windscreen was quite clean, BTW. Any idea or similar experience?

Andy40

Post by Andy40 »

Jozsef_hu wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:22 am Message appeared 3 times in the recent 2 weeks or so, saying: high beam assist temporarily not available. The latest occasion was yesterday while driving on a motorway early afternoon in full sunny weather. Windscreen was quite clean, BTW. Any idea or similar experience?
Might be missing something or misinterpreted, but why would you want to use high beam in early afternoon in full sunny conditions ??
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Think he means the message popped up by itself whilst driving with no need of it. I had this once whilst at night and lights on, but the assist kept working, and never had it since.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Rockford

Post by Rockford »

Not experienced this myself, but I wonder whether the bright light was 'blinding' the camera, so it let you know it wasn't available, should you have wanted to use it?
MY21 T5 Recharge R-Design Pro in Thunder Grey
Jozsef_hu

Post by Jozsef_hu »

I did not want to use lights whatsoever, apart from the DRL. That is the point. Lights switch was in auto position as always. The message appeared.
Strange, I think if it was the sunshine then other function would also be down, such as „lane assist“.

It has happened 3 times so far. First 2 occured in dark conditions. High beam was automatically flicked on for a second then failure message appeared.
Snow man

Post by Snow man »

Had it a couple times in the last six months or so,always fixed itself pretty quick.
Jozsef_hu

Post by Jozsef_hu »

Messages of this type also written in the message log in the central display. I will mention these to the dealer upon the yearly revision.

I had another type of car which also had such drivers support features, such as high beam assist, lane keeping assist, front collision alert. These together went down temporarily in all kinds of weather: hot and sunny or foggy or humid or freezing. Just when I needed it the most...

Hopefully, with Volvo it is not the beginning of the same series.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Yes I’ve had it a few times. Cleared on a press of right hand button on steering wheel. Nothing effected so didn’t worry about it
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras