Seat side padding collapsed 2022 XC40 Inscription B4 why ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Harpic 22

Post by Harpic 22 »

Just collected my 2nd Volvo XC40, this time a 2022 model year XC40 B4 Inscription AWD with Blond leather seats.

Within 24 hours of collecting my New pride and joy I noticed that the side cushions on the front seats had collapsed.
The dealership sales manager said “ We have seen this problem before “, so why did these seats pass inspection ?.

Anyone else have this problem and should I allow the Dealership to repad/repair or demand New seats.

Really quite upset 😢

Michael

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

New seats as it’s the same as a failed component.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

How do you rate the dealership from past experience? Have you any experience of how good the mechanics are?

The seat is a standard frame, the covers are fitted over like a sock. They'll basically slide off the faulty cover and slide on a new. I had to have new leather covers on a car decades back, done by the dealer. Never had any further trouble.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Harpic 22

Post by Harpic 22 »

Chris and Felindre, Thanks and resulting from your replies, so far the Dealership want the car in for 2days to reupholster the seats, however my thoughts were new seats, so I have just sent an email to custcare@volvocars.com detailing problem and requesting assurances that any future seat failures resulting from action/reupholstering taken by Volvo and the dealership will be rectified without time limits.
Regards Mike👍