Unable to start car from app

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Hi, I am unable to start my car using the app, the connection to the car seems ok as I can unlock the vehicle and also view all other details such as fuel level, mileage etc.
Car details
September 2021 Inscription
8 speed auto
19in wheels
Climate pack
The app shows (unable to start car)
Thanks Ken

bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

My wife and I ad this happen about a week ago. I had to erase the app and reinstall it and create a new password for it to work again. I did this on both of our phones and now the car starts remotely again.
johnpartis

Post by johnpartis »

Occasionally ours does not start the first time - but always does at the second attempt. seems no obvious reason.
XC40 Inscription Pro B4 FWD Denim Blue with 360, spare wheel, ordered 20 August 2021, due at Dealership first week in November. Actually collected 23 October 2021.
Devonal

Post by Devonal »

I had the same issue for weeks and tried removing and reinstalling app etc. Checked all the settings in the vehicle, but the app would not work any remote functions. Contacted CBV, and reported the issue to Volvo International, but both told me to take it to the dealer. Then, I happened to notice a message flash up ‘unable to install map update’. I had been using the vehicle regularly on shorter trips, so I wondered if it was not having time to download before the vehicle was switched off, and this was corrupting the download. So, I moved the vehicle close to the house where there is a strong Wi Fi signal, turned on the engine and within no time I was informed that the map update was successfully installed. Then tried the app and all remote functions worked! Coincidence, maybe, but it is worth checking that it is not a download that has not completed successfully and it is blocking the app from functioning. No problems since.
B4 Inscription AWD June 2021
Denim Blue,
Fully loaded..
Kenv

Post by Kenv »

Thanks for the suggestions will have a further look, I am sure that I have Wi-Fi connection as I am able to lock / unlock the car via the app
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

As of today there’s a new app update available on iOS, version 5.8.1. Updating the Volvo Cars app might solve your problem.