Internet connections

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

On mine, Spotify (which I don't have installed) and other apps are available via "Download Centre" and then "New Apps".

Any installation is likely to depend on having one of the forms of connectivity active. (Car Internet, WiFi, Phone via Bluetooth, etc.). I have car internet enabled (though I installed Weather and Search via WiFi).
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)

eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

SteveM wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:26 pm
eugen61 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 pm
SteveM wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:14 pm
Sorry Eugene, not very constructive .. I've tried various searches under differing criteria and not found the information I was hoping for .. it looks like there are a couple of others in the same boat too.
Apologies Steve. I suggested a search on the forum because your problem can be caused by various reasons and those have already been discussed.

From your description it seams you managed to establish a connection (globe icon on screen) but there’s no data through other apps. If the only app option you see is uninstall, then I would suggest uninstalling the apps and reinstalling them again. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
Thanks Eugene ... unfortunately it would appear that I could uninstall ok as the option is on screen (afraid to hit the button in case they're gone for ever) but have no idea how to (re)install .. I'm not having much luck with this :roll:
Should I be able to do this through some sort of menu purely via the car internet or are these apps only available via a cable connected phone or are they altenative routes ? :oops:
Uninstalling apps will not make them disappear for good. Go to Download Centre where you’ll find every available app for download, also the ones you have already uninstalled. Currently, there are a total of 8 apps available for Sensus.
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

eugen61 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:17 pm
SteveM wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:26 pm
eugen61 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 pm

Apologies Steve. I suggested a search on the forum because your problem can be caused by various reasons and those have already been discussed.

From your description it seams you managed to establish a connection (globe icon on screen) but there’s no data through other apps. If the only app option you see is uninstall, then I would suggest uninstalling the apps and reinstalling them again. Hopefully this will solve the problem.
Thanks Eugene ... unfortunately it would appear that I could uninstall ok as the option is on screen (afraid to hit the button in case they're gone for ever) but have no idea how to (re)install .. I'm not having much luck with this :roll:
Should I be able to do this through some sort of menu purely via the car internet or are these apps only available via a cable connected phone or are they altenative routes ? :oops:
Uninstalling apps will not make them disappear for good. Go to Download Centre where you’ll find every available app for download, also the ones you have already uninstalled. Currently, there are a total of 8 apps available for Sensus.
Thanks again .... I'll give things a try tomorrow .. I'm becoming a bit self-concious - the neighbours think I'm living in the car :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B4 FWD Inscription , MY22, Fusion Red, Blond interior. Climate Pack, F/R Mud Flaps
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

Chris John wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:16 pm
Websta24 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:12 am Picked my car up yesterday and dealer was not aware of a Sim Card, nor did he provide one!!!
Dealer is talking utter rubbish. Go back and ask to speak to someone who knows what they are talking about! 🤬
Ive emailed Volvo UK and awaiting their response