Lane Keeping Assist not Working

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

I have both Lane Keeping Assist and Pilot Assist. The latter works as well as can be expected but the LKA doesn't do anything. I have it set for Both warning and steering action. I have it enabled, lit up green. I see the small icon change to show two White Lines indicating it has identified road markings correctly? But it does nothing when I purposely drive outside of the road lanes. Any ideas?
XC40 MY24 B4 Ultimate Dark, Black Leather, Crystal White, 20" Rims
Lincolnshire England.

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:51 pm I have both Lane Keeping Assist and Pilot Assist. The latter works as well as can be expected but the LKA doesn't do anything. I have it set for Both warning and steering action. I have it enabled, lit up green. I see the small icon change to show two White Lines indicating it has identified road markings correctly? But it does nothing when I purposely drive outside of the road lanes. Any ideas?
When you purposely drive outside the road lines are you indicating? It won’t work if you indicate before moving across the lines. The two white lines on the dash turn yellow when it’s detected youve moved across the lines.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

No signalling and the White Lines do not turn Yellow either. Must be a fault.
Lincolnshire England.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

What speed have you tested it at?
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

30+ mph
Lincolnshire England.
Sherwood

Post by Sherwood »

It functions at 40mph plus, and can be a tad fussy about the nature of the lines it can see.
MY22 B4 Inscription Pro AWD (8-Speed)
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

Thanks. In the 400 miles I've driven in the car I've not noticed it do anything at any speed. I'll keep a watch on it.
Lincolnshire England.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I found it so intrusive I turned it off permanently. I couldn't imagine not noticing it, so I would presume it's faulty.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Mine's very unobtrusive, just the occasional nudge when it disagrees with the angle I take through a corner, but very gentle.

Misses VW T-Roc is very bossy, a hard shove of oi get back in line. Not nice on narrow country roads when a massive tractor with attachments is coming the other way and you move right over to the side and the car is forcibly pushing you back to the middle.

You can't permanently turn it off with the VW, it comes back after a restart, though I have found a way (through coding) to get it to remember the last setting, so she's much happier now.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21